A Sweet Man
(The Men of Halfway House #7)
This is a book I repeatedly said I wouldn’t write. But well…
You know how authors say characters step into their lives and demand their story? Well, it’s very true. Someone peeked through and wanted their story told. But he never pushed or demanded. Ever. Even when I told him “no.” His presence was supportive. Like a never-ending hug during a tough time. I can’t explain the peace he brought me. Then another guy strolled in, they looked at each other, and I could no longer say “no.”
This is Ben & Bull’s story. If you’ve followed the series, then you’ve met both characters. Ben first appeared in book 5, A Worthy Man. Bull first appeared in book 4, A Mended Man. (He was later mentioned in book 6, A Chosen Man, but never actually appeared “on page” in that story.)
Why the title? Ben works at a bakery. And if you’ve met him, you know he’s sweet. 🙂
What you can expect
- Although part of The Men of Halfway House world, this story can be read as a standalone.
- The story is 120,650 words. It’s long, but if you’ve followed the series, this isn’t a shocker. 😉
- This book is, first and foremost, a romance. It’s a slow burn. Note: title is not an indication of heat level.
- Aside from the romance, it’s a story about trust, family, and never giving up on a dream.
- There’s an age gap between them.
- There’s angst (I don’t think I can write without that)…but it’s not heavy when compared to some of the other books in the series.
- Story spans a little over a year.
- A few character reappearances.
These two make me smile – individually and when they’re together. Every single time I read them. I hope you love them as much as I do. ❤
I’ll post a blurb once I have a firmer grip on a release date.
And yes, it will be very soon. (both the blurb and the release)
**If you want to receive a notification when the book is LIVE, please add your name to my Newsletter mailing list.